The online gambling industry has taken the world by storm. With no signs of backing down, many punters have endless options when it comes to gaming and casinos. With so much variety, casinos have come up with a variety of promotions to lure players to sign up to their site.
One of the best ways of them achieving success is by offering welcome deposit bonuses and promotions, that promise to double whatever you deposit and more.
What are casino bonuses and how do they work?
The majority of casino sites offer a bonus to first-time depositors. The bonus has been designed to entice players to make a deposit for the first time, in the hope that they keep making more bonuses and generating business for the casino.
First-time bonuses are usually a percentage match, with a cap on the total size of the bonus.
For example, Casumo might offer a 300% match bonus up to $3,000.
Different Types of Casino Bonuses
Let’s have a detailed look at some of the world’s most popular casino bonus offers:
- Match Bonus: Most casinos offer their new sign-ups a match bonus, which ultimately matches your initial deposit with a certain percentage up to a maximum amount. If the casino offers to match your first deposit by 100% and you have a deposit of $100, you’ll receive a $100 bonus on top of the $100 already deposited. Many casinos offer players a welcome package, spreading numerous match bonus offers.
- No Deposit Bonus: This bonus is quite rare, but you can still find some casinos which give players the opportunity to get their hands on free money. This bonus comes in the shape of free spins or free bonus money, which is provided to all new sign-ups prior to making a deposit.
- Free Money Bonuses: Canadian casinos are more likely to offer free bonus money upon sign-up to new players. This bonus is usually available for a limited time only.
Rules and Requirements of Casino Bonuses
You need to bear in mind that although casino bonuses are quite lucrative, they come with rules and regulations to which you must abide. These terms and conditions are in place to ensure that the casino makes a profit in the long run.
- Games: Casinos will specify in their terms and conditions the games you are allowed to use your bonus on. As a general rule, they tend to omit casino games with huge payout percentages.
- Wagering requirements: The wagering requirements are probably the most important aspect of the casino business. They are in place to ensure that the casino is protected against any bonus abusers. The playthroughs entail the number of times you would need to wager your bonus before it is released as cash money.
- Expiry Dates: This is usually depicted in the fine print. Every casino bonus comes with an expiry date. Failing to use up your bonus in the stipulated time, will result in losing the bonus.